Gallery

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Old Peachy Keen challenges

These are two Peachy Keen challenges cards that I made.  I went through their archive to find some ideas a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't posted to a challenge yet but am really enjoying do them.  I have brought my card creating level up notches.  Even my 18 year old has noticed a change in my cards.  This is a birthday card. I used standard 5x7 pre-scored card. Cuttlebug embossing folders. Stickles for the flower and bling for the middle.  Stamped sentiment  and stamped flower that I cut out and chalked. Friskars punch,  this was the first time I did a boarder with punches.  I've had this punch for years but barely used it.  Until I saw the challenges from Peachy Keen and viol la.


This was a monochromatic twist challenge from Peachy Keen.  What I love best about this card is that I used scraps.  Since I have tons of it I'm always trying to use them instead of using a fresh sheet of paper if possible.  I made this a Mother's Day card.  My monochromatic color...  Pink of course.  My favorite color.  I used Joann's glitter for the flowers. The paper is Anna Griffin.  One of my very first card making sets I bought.  Umm....years ago. I traced the leaves with Surka??? gel pens.  Love those pens.  Works every time. Pink ribbon and glitter around sentiment.  Sentiment cutout from Cricut cart.










This challenge I actually meant to post.  The next day at work I realize I missed the deadline.  Would've have been my first actual challenge.  I'll have to wait till next time.  This would have been a two for one.  I made this card for a co-worker who just had her very first grandchild.  As you can see it was a girl!  The challenge for this was to use stitching somewhere in the card.  The Oneise idea came from someone on the Cricut board that made a Oneise with a tutu on it. (Sorry I don't remember who it was to give credit to.)   I also used a Peachy Keen stamp for this challenge. The oneise is from New Arrival.  The scallop cut out is Spellbinders. I chalked the sentiment.  I don't think it showed up very well in the picture.  My co-worker just loved the card.  Thanks for looking.  Please don't forget to leave a comment if you enjoyed my challenge cards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment